Entertainment center redo

So I have an entertainment center that I fashioned from an old dresser. Just like with the bench I actually love this dresser but need to change for my living room colors. Blah blah so here we go. 
Here is it's original and after the first time I redid it. Pretty cool and works great. This time I have a ten month old who gets into everything and didn't want to remove it from my home so it was a bit more challenging. First I sanded it all down a bit. Just enough for the new paint to stick. 
I actually really like how it looked all worn down but continued with painting. I originally planned to do a tan/light brown color with some sort of glaze over it. I already had a glaze at the house so I used that with some new paint.

This was after that process and I hated it. I actually liked the sanded down version best. So I decided it needed to be darker. Not wanting to buy new paint again, I used some old dark brown from when I painted the furniture for Kennedy's nursery. So I painted it and sanded it down a bit for that weathered look. I also painted the handles black rather than white. 
And viola!
The light brown underneath actually helped a lot with the weathered look so it wasn't a total waste. I eventually want to paint those shelves brown too but didn't want to move everything again!
So there you go! It was a pain in the butt but now my living room flows better. 

Comments

Popular Posts