Bench Makeover


I have this adorable storage bench in my living room that was originally Jesse's toy chest as a kid. I previously stained the wood and made a cushion for it that can be easily removed so as not to ruin the original toy chest. As much as I love the fabric and pillows on the bench, they just don't go with how I am wanting to change my living room. I've decided to go away from the black and white with red and do brown and tans with red since my couches are brown and tan. So here is what the bench looked like before the makeover. 

As you can see I've got the black and white with red theme going on here. Again I actually love the look but I just needed an update for the new living room look. So I made a new cover for the cushion and the back rest. I also recovered the large black pillow. 
And viola! Here is the new bench. I like that the light colored material makes the wood look more brown than black. I could not for the life of me get the right fit to recover that little black pillow because it was stuffed so much so I opted to leave it out all together. I originally was going to have the buttons on the backrest lay on the backside of the bench but decided I liked them facing forward. I still am not 100% happy with it but maybe I will like it more once the rest of my living room is revamped. 

Tell me what you think! Should I have left it like it was before? Any ideas to improve how it is now? 

Comments

Popular Posts