Baby #2

So we have finally announced that baby #2 is on the way!
We are beyond excited to welcome a new member to the family. Here's some answers to questions I always get when I'm pregnant

How far along are you?

Currently I am about 12 weeks along.

How have you been feeling?

Like crap.. I'm pregnant. I have been nauseous every day and am currently working on suppressing that. I have heartburn everyday, pee all day long, and have had a lot of headaches. Not to mention I am exhausted! Then to answer the next question

Is this pregnancy different?

Yes definitely. I did not experience any early symptoms with Kennedy and was hardly nauseous at all. I did get a lot of heartburn late in my pregnancy with Kennedy which caused a lot of problems that gave me continued heartburn and pain after pregnancy and now it is twice as bad being pregnant again. I also didn't have any headaches during my pregnancy with Kennedy. This pregnancy is also different because instead of working full time and going to school full time I am now a mother to a toddler full time. Though I am not as mentally drained as before, the physical demands of a toddler are much higher than that of my job and school. I feel bad for Kennedy that we spend so much time watching movies now but I just don't have the energy to run around.

Does that make you think its going to be a girl?

The fact that my pregnancy is different doesn't make me think its a girl. Though, I do feel that it is a girl, just not for that reason. I don't know why I think that I just have that feeling but I will still be ecstatic if its another boy.

Do you have names picked out?

Though we have discussed an array of names, nothing really seems to fit. Not even one favorite for both of us at this point. I think this will be much easier when we know the gender. 

Did you plan this?

Yes and no. We planned to have a baby towards the end of this year. I got of birth control at the beginning of the summer because I don't want a ton of hormones in my body when I get pregnant. Due to us wanting a baby anyways we weren't very careful. Also just getting of birth control messed up my cycle so we won't know exactly how far along I am until we do the gender ultrasound. Realistically I am due about the first week of May give or take a week. 



Preparing for a second pregnancy.

Being pregnant again I started to think I was crazy for wanting this! I remembered all the uncomfortableness from the end of pregnancy and the heartburn but I had forgotten the exhaustion and just feeling like crap at the beginning. Its amazing to me that we as women choose to go through this over and over again. Of course in the moment it seems worse because you feel miserable. I wish I could just fast forward to the day I give birth because that was the most amazing experience of my life first time around. Though then I would miss feeling that little baby growing and moving inside of me. These are the moments that make pregnancy worth it. Also the end result is the best gift in the world. I feel blessed this time around to have an idea of what is to come and how magical it is. 

I will admit that I have been feeling a bit depressed. I can tell that its slowly fading and my spirits are coming back but the hormone surge has been rough. I have had a lot of doubts of whether I will be able to handle two children. Some days I feel like I barely have a grasp on raising Kennedy. He is such a sweetheart but man does he try my patience. I know that I will just figure it out but it is a scary thought. I know many women fear that they will not be able to love their second child as much as their first. I do not yet have that fear but I do worry about Kennedy feeling left out because he is used to having all my love and attention. It also seems a bit unfair that Kennedy will have been that only child that got all of our attention all the time for so long. It seems unfair that all my other children will have to share my love. Though obviously this is how it goes with every family and does not affect the children. These are just my silly little concerns and I ponder how my new life will be. 

All in all despite the pangs of pregnancy and the fears of the future, I know that I will love this baby just as much as I love my sweet Kennedy and it will be such a blessing for our family. I cannot wait to welcome our new bundle of joy

Comments

  1. This is so exciting!! Ella was planned, and I still remember panicking once we realized we were expecting. I don't really understand why, but suddenly I had so many doubts. Honestly, having her was the single best thing we could have done for Asher with his speech delay and independence. Good luck, and we are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts