Teepee DIY

Ok I am so excited about this teepee I just made for baby Koda's nursery. Kennedy is loving it too!
Look at my cute hubby :)

So I like the picture of my husband next to it because in all the tutorials it was hard to tell how big the teepee would be and I was scared it would be too big. It ended up the perfect size! Jesse is 5'10" for reference. So I'm not going to do a whole tutorial because the one I followed was perfect! You can look at it here  

I'm just going to tell you the things I changed and things I learned. Just as this tutorial had to change things from the one they started with I also had to change things. I used the PVC pipe and canvas drop cloth just like was used in this tutorial. On my teepee I decided to add pockets to the inside for books. I also didn't want to make my own bias tape like they did so I bought matching bias tape and did a zig zag stitch for details. I also had kennedy put his handprints on the front and will probably add some arrows painted to the sides eventually. I'll add those pictures whenever it gets done. 
This is what it looked like after cutting all the pieces and pinning on the pockets. 

Here is a price breakdown as well:
5 1/2" PVC pipes which I had cut down to 6' each: $7.50
6'x9' canvas drop cloth: $14
Twine: $4
Spray paint: $3
Bias tape: $3
Fur ikea rug: $12

I got the pipes, canvas and paint from Home Depot and the bias tape from Walmart. And the perfect ikea rig to go inside. The black material for the door I had leftover from another project. It probably took a total of 7 hours to make it but with kennedy I had to space out my time more. The sewing is easy but takes a long time! 
This is what it looks like with the door folded open. 


Comments

Popular Posts