Baby Koda's Tribal nursery

As I finished up Koda's room and have everything ready for him, of course I started having lots of contractions. So who knows if this baby is gonna stay in me for another 4 weeks. 
I'm so excited to have his nursery done. 
Bear with me on the pictures. The paint in the room is dark but a lot of sun is coming in so its hard to capture the room very well. I tried to take enough pictures to make up for that. 
This is a view from the door which is really hard to see the whole room from. Those dark blue curtains I made from a heavy material that I got on close out at joanns. They work just as well as blackout curtains and match the room perfect. 
Zooming in on this back corner is the chair I reupholstered along with a blanket I made for Koda, nursing pillow from when kennedy was a baby, and some antlers I got half off ($13.50) at hobby lobby. I may paint the tips white or silver instead of gold so that it flows better but it works for now. 
This would be the view of you turn to your right from the last picture. 
Zooming into this corner there is a pampers box I recovered with material, the teepee I made complete with a fake fur rig from ikea, and a baby sign that I changed the background poet on to match the colors of the room. 
Then to the right we have the bassinet that we will use for about 3 months before moving the crib in here. Above is his name in cardboard letters from hobby lobby (about $1.50 a piece) which I spray painted and hand painted arrows on. 
This is now your view turning to the right one more time. I do have a diaper organizer hanging on the door for the boys cloth diapers. 
This dresser I bought off ksl for $100 and didn't need to do anything to it besides wipe it down. I absolute love it! I made the hanging pad cover and bought a new lampshade from ikea ($10) for a lamp I already had. The "be brave little one" son is a canvas that I taped cardboard cutouts of the words and arrows and spray painted over them. (It would have been much more simple to just spray paint and apply vinyl letters but I don't have a cricket!) the frames I all bought from the dollar store including the mirror and the images I printed off of my computer. 


So there you have it! I still would love to paint some aspen trees on the wall with koda's name on it but it was not a necessity before he is born so that will come later. Overall I love this tribal nursery and I especially love the cost! If you have questions about something I did that I didn't post another blog with steps for then ask! 

Comments

Popular Posts